Getting Started with Azure Purview
by Johan Åhlén • Updated
Azure Purview is Microsoft’s unified data governance service that helps you discover and get insight into your available data. It replaces Azure Data Catalog and is now based on Apache Atlas, one of the leading open-source data governance and metadata frameworks.
Azure Purview can give you:
- Automatic scanning of your data sources on-premises, in Azure and multi cloud
- Lineage detection (in some cases)
- Automatic detection of content such as names, email addresses or other sensitive information
- Automatic assignment of Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) sensitivity labels
- Glossary of business terms
Read more in my full article on SQL Server Central.